Wednesday, July 4, 2012

7 years of wedded bliss!

Happy Anniversary to my dear hubby!!! Who knew that a brief meeting would lead to a courtship, marriage, rural life, a beautiful little girl and a BOY on the way!!!

That's right folks, we are having a BOY!! I had my 20 week ultrasound in September and we found out that my bun was a male and he was extremely active in there. I was on the fence about finding out, hubby "had to know". He gave in and let Cupcake remain a secret until her arrival however he needed to know this time. Part of me wanted to keep this a secret. After all, how many surprises do we really have left in life. I LOVED not knowing who Cupcake was and after a long delivery the doctor finally held her up and said (slowly), "it's......a.........(what!!!!)......GIRL! It was the best feeling however Hubby really wanted to know. He kept thinking of ways to convince me that we needed to find out. He finally came up with a good point that if the baby is a boy then I can spend the rest of my pregnancy shopping for a boy, decorating a blue room and preparing for our son. He had a GREAT point because if this baby is a girl then I have everything and really shouldn't need to buy a thing (right!). So after several changes of heart while the tech was looking over our little bun, she said "okay, I need to know, now is the time". Before I answered she laughed and said "Wow, I haven't seen a baby this active in a long time". I immediately replied with "Oh my god, it's a boy, isn't it". She laughed and said "YEP, you are having a boy"

OMG, my whole world just changed. I am a mother to a little boy, I have a little boy in there, I have a son and he will love me FOREVER!!!!!! I always knew I would have a daughter, I had to have a daughter and once Cupcake arrived I was at peace and didn't care what we had from this point on however I wasn't sure if I was a mom to a boy since my life revolves around tutu's, pink, shopping, tiaras, ALL THINGS GIRLS. I didn't not want a boy but I thought it would be easier to have a girl. Holy hell, the minute I knew I was carrying a boy, everything changed, my heart melted and I was in love. I love my daughter and am jealous of the relationship she has with her father but now I have "MY BOY". I can't wait to meet him, hug him, love him and mold him into the perfect man because he is the second coming of Christ! I am so fortunate to have a beautiful daughter and now a son!!!!! How many weeks are left until we meet?

So, back to our anniversary! We are celebrating the 7 year itch with a dinner out kid free (only the one I am carrying is coming). I am very lucky to have an amazing husband who is a great provider, protector, cleaner, best friend, wonderful Daddy and all around great man! Happy 7 years, may we always be this happy, healthy, blessed and loved! I LOVE YOU!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment