Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Move over boys.....I got this!

Not sure that I mentioned this but Hubby decided to further his education to obtain a MBA degree. I am so proud of him for wanting to do this especially after working all day, dealing with me and Cupcake and actually having the attention span to learn something. The reason that I am sharing this is due to the fact that Cupcake and I will sometimes venture out on the weekends to some random "around town" activities so we can get out of the house for a few hours, give Hubby some peace and quiet and just have something "fun" to do.

This particular Saturday I found out there would be a "meet and great" at the local firehouse. This really isn't my thing nor do I think Cupcake is that interested however it is free and something to do! The minute we stepped on to the firehouse property Cupcake took off like a bat out of hell. She LOVED the fire trucks that were on display, antiques as well as new, shiny ones. There was a tour or a speech however when I'm not interested in something I can only comprehend every 6th word from the person speaking. I know it's rude but I just can't do it. I am trying to change this because 1) I need to set a better example for my child 2) it's rude 3) I may actually learn something 4) it's rude. Anyway, Cupcake went into every fire truck, even the one that was gigantic, scary and brand spankin' new. She even kicked some older boys out of the way so she could buckle up and take this baby out for a spin. She got in the drivers seat and asked "where is the siren button". Good lord, that is all that I need.

After the tour we noticed a lonnnnnnng line..........that could only mean one thing.......free food! By free food I mean free hot dogs, chips, soda, water, OMG! I turn into Tom Cruise jumping on the couch when I know there is free food to be had! Not that I'm cheap but free food is amazing. It really isn't and most of the time it tastes free but THERE IS FREE FOOD! Cupcake marched into line, grabbed her chips and dog like she owned the place. I probably need to re-evaluate the way I parent.

Anyway, it was a great day out with Cupcake. We hit a local attraction I may not have ventured to if Hubby was with us, we learned about fire trucks (her not me) and my insatiable appetite for free food was satisfied. Good day had by all!





No comments:

Post a Comment