Monday, July 16, 2012

Christmas Eve - 2011

Christmas Eve is here again and you all know how I feel about the Eve of our Lord's birth, the anticipation of Santa and the Smiths annual 7 fish dinner!!! 7 fish, holy hell I LOVE this night! Well, I normally love this night however I'm pregnant and am restricted from some of the 7. No need to fret, I will eat my weight in the fish I can eat (don't laugh and no that's not that much fish, just the size of a whale). Cupcake, Hubs and I ventured over to Nonna and Pop's humble abode for the feast of 7 fish. I think I covered the fish in the past but in case you aren't sure I believe we consume large amounts of shrimp, calamari, smelts (don't ask but they are fabulous), baccala, cod, linguini with clam sauce, mussels and possibly a few other fish thrown in a sauce for good luck! If you can't find what you like or you don't eat fish then there are plenty of other fish free items to eat.

Moving on.......Cupcake had so much fun this year with her cousins and really "gets it" that Santa is coming (she only saw 35 of them). She also understands that she receives gifts from everyone too! This Christmas seems to be full of Rapunzel (Tangled) and dolls! I wonder what Santa will bring!

I am definitely nearing the end of my pregnancy because 1) I'm hormonal and everything makes me weepy (I'm not the weepy kind) 2) I'm larger than life 3) I'm weepy. I can't believe I have about 5 weeks left to go and we will meet our baby boy, Cupcake will meet her little brother and we will welcome the newest member to the Smith family. This Christmas will be Cupcakes last Christmas as an only child and I'm happy that she will welcome a sibling however I'm sad because her world is going to change forever. Regardless, we are blessed, happy and looking forward to the new year!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment