Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thanksgiving - upstate NY style November 2011

The last few years we've hosted Thanksgiving at our humble abode but this year we decided to head North and spend it with my brother, sister in law and kiddies! Cupcake was so excited to know that she would be spending several days with Tink again. We loaded ourselves into our car and hit the open road to only sit in traffic for several LONG hours. We almost debated turning around and starting all over again in the am but that only made me angrier.

Regardless, we finally arrived late at night (again, I am sure my brother hates me for showing up on his door step in the middle of the night) and were so happy to spend 3 nights with my entire family. My parents arrived earlier in the week and my sister was coming in right behind us but staying at a hotel. Hubby and I are a tad too cheap to spend money on a hotel when we know someone has a floor/bed/room to spare. It was good to finally be out of the car and with family! Can't wait for Turkey Day to start!

Morning! Someone woke up very really today (shocking) and wanted to watch TV at 4am. I wanted to cry especially since I didn't know how to operate my nephew's TV. Besides the point, Happy Thanksgiving! It was a fabulous Thanksgiving! My brother and Wahlberg are fabulous cooks and went all out creating a perfect Thanksgiving. The kids played outside for hours, Cupcake and Tink switched on and off being nice to each other and kicking/screaming. I'm about 30 weeks pregnant and really starting to feel it! We played games the rest of the night, the girls made some arts and crafts and my brother entertained us with his outrageous sense of humor and jokes. Hubs even sat back and enjoyed himself. He didn't have work to do or calls to take, he just sat and played video games all.night.long!

The next day the kids went to the movies, Nanny and Grandpa chilled while Wahlberg and I took Tink and Cupcake to see Santa! Cupcake was a little nervous however Tink walked up to him as if they were best friends. She is such a confident little girl, so sweet and full of love! Tink cut the line, got on his lap and didn't stop delivering her wish list. After witnessing this for 5 minutes Cupcake realized that Santa isn't a bad man after all and slowly sat on his lap. She wouldn't speak to him or even crack a smile, she just gave that "give me a candy cane and no one gets hurt chubby" look. Ahhh, to be young again. After Santa we even managed to get a few Christmas gifts. I am so excited for Christmas!

Overall, the holiday weekend was great, very relaxing! Big thanks to my brother and his family for opening their home and hearts!!! It doesn't matter what we do, as long as we are all together! Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!











No comments:

Post a Comment