Friday, July 6, 2012

Christmas is in the air! December 2011

We survived the Halloween and Thanksgiving season however I am me and I'm a pain in the arse so I wonder how many Christmas activities I can pack in for Cupcake. We returned from my brother's house and thought wow, we have nothing to do. So, I checked the calendar and low and behold we have soooooo many Santa/Christmas activities on the agenda! I just hope Cupcake is excited too! Thank goodness for Tink, she helped Cupcake get over her Santa phobia.

Up first is a trip to the local botanical garden to see what Christmas cheer they can throw around. We have lived here 7 years and have yet to go to this local gardening wonder joy because 1) we didn't have kids 2) didn't want to brave the families/crowds. Well, we were pleasantly surprised that warm December night when we traveled to the gardens, walked around, didn't wait in lines and gawked at the beautiful wonders of Christmas! Cupcake was so happy to see all the lights, trees and Christmas surprises. There was an entire room made out of candy. WTF? I don't like candy so I was mildly impressed but Cupcake and Hubs were salivating all over the floor. If that room was made out of hummus and Doritos I would lay down and die. Regardless, I was happy to be out as a family (hubby laughs because I act like I'm on crack during family events) and possibly dinner too. I dragged out the night as long as I possibly could because Cupcake was happy and Hubby was happy. I could cry with all the happiness occurring. How many more days until Christmas? I hope this Christmas cheer would never end!

Countdown to Christmas folks..........






No comments:

Post a Comment