Thursday, July 19, 2012

To the hospital we go!

It's funny how I am somewhat in denial about what is about to happen today. I am fully aware that I did not consume any food or beverages because I was going to the hospital to have a BABY but why am I so calm. I was afraid that I was going to be a sobbing mess when it was time to leave Cupcake but no, I was calm. I gave her a big hug and kiss and told her that we were going to the doctor so I could have Cooper. She told me she loved me and bye Mommy! Everyone was so calm. WTF? Where am I?

Hubs and I drove to the hospital and passed what seemed to be 342 coffee shops, pulled up to valet, dropped me off and I headed to the office to check in while Hubs parked the car. Check in was easy since I already pre-registered and off we went to Labor and Delivery although no labor for this lady, just a nice, easy delivery! Hubs and I walked up to the nurses station and said "I'm here to have a baby, whom shall I see". I was brought to my little room for prep and to go over my history. The nurses were beyond friendly, nice, professional and caring. When it was time for me to discuss my last delivery the nurse called a few others in because they were in awe that I signed up for another baby. It wasn't that bad but I guess the one procedure the doctor did is old school and what you read about in text books. I'm sure they were just feeding into my drama and knew I would thrive on this discussion. (For those of you who don't know you can read over my story http://smithfamilyscrapbook.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-war-story.html ).

It was time to head to the operating room! I actually walked right in and hopped onto the stretcher. Where is the drama in this????? I should be happy it was easy and calming. The only problem I had was when it was time for my spinal and Hubs was no where to be found. Are you joking??? Who the hell is going to help me. I asked for Hubs a few times and finally my OBGYN Jen threw her hands up and said "Here, lean on me". Are you joking? She is all of 95 lbs and I am all of 435 lbs (mildly kidding) but didn't care because she makes the big bucks and if she has to harpoon a whale to make her bucks for the day then so be it. It was quick and I snapped her like a twig and was ready to roll. The anesthesiologist was 14 years old and also very friendly. He kept asking if I was feeling okay, Dr Jen was ready to roll and Hubs was the only one missing. Where the hell is he, if he misses this I swear I will hunt him down and give him a DNC. Oh wait, here he is. He showed up so happy and excited, I was feeling great but lost all feeling from the mouth down. I tried sneezing and coughing and felt as if I was stuck in some sort of Saw movie and no one was able to help me because I couldn't do anything. I coughed like Mrs. White from Clue and sneezed like Michael Jackson. All of a sudden a wave of nausea hit and I sat there thinking "this is what Marley must have felt like at the end of the movie before he passed". I felt like a dog dying and kept asking for help. I know that I went through hell in order to deliver my daughter and nothing compares to that HOWEVER the feeling of anesthesia was enough to make me want to shoot myself. I couldn't even focus on the fact that my son was about to come into this world. After what seemed like forever we heard three words that would change our lives forever............

No comments:

Post a Comment