Thursday, June 21, 2012

4th of July

June was a mild month, the heat was excruciating and we spent most of our days sitting at our local community pool. Even the parents sat in the baby pool trying to get a break from the heat. Cupcake and I were starting to get into a nice summer routine. We would hit the pool at 10am, stay for lunch then head home for naps. Cupcake was wiped out and I was tired too! I can't believe how the heat is getting to me. Well, not a secret, I hate the heat and melt.

Anyway, we decided to visit Nanny and Pampi for the 4th of July and pay the 'ol Jersey Shore a visit too. Cupcake had so much fun with Nanny and Pampi playing at their home. We hit the boardwalk after a mid afternoon thunderstorm and rode the rides! Cupcake had so much fun and didn't want to leave. After several rides we stopped for some ice cream and just in time because the heavens opened and a torrential rainstorm hit the Jersey Shore. I am happy to announce that we did see some of the "kids" from the critically acclaimed "Jersey Shore" show and they were filming in the Shore Store. I was so excited to see "the Sitch" that I almost wheeled Cupcake into a garbage can. I get star struck easily.

We made it back to Nanny and Pampi's and snuggled in for a rainy night. We did go back the next day for a morning stroll on the boards however Hubby was called back to work so we headed home. Before we left we did manage a quick stop into the fudge store. Did I ever mention that Hubby has a MAJOR sweet tooth? Have I mentioned that Cupcake takes after her daddy. I could care less if I eat another piece of candy again however Hubs and Cups act like vampires and blood. Good times had by all!





No comments:

Post a Comment