Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The dancing queens and king of MOMS club

Since I am a SAHM (stay at home mom) I decided to join the local MOMS club. MOMS is an organization for all moms and their kiddies (Moms Offering Moms Support). I really wanted to join so Cupcake could make some friends her age and I can meet other local moms. At first I had mixed emotions about joining, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was afraid it would either be a group of women one upping each other about the fabulousness of their kids (everyone has fabulous kids) or a bunch of Debbie Downers ho-humming about the challenges of motherhood. Well, I am happy to say that I joined and I joined the hell out of this club! I LOVE IT! First of all, it was a great way to meet little ones for Cupcake and I really did meet a bunch of great women rather quickly. Everyone is so nice, friendly, full of great ideas (relating to kids, life, etc) and always willing to hang out and talk. Not sure if you know but I was in a sorority back in the day and I LOVED it! I guess I'm a joiner of social organizations, lol!!! Secondly, it is nice to know that when I am having a tough "day at the office" I can always find someone to relate, offer advice or just laugh with me.

Sooooooo, one of the great aspects of MOMS is the endless amounts of great ideas in my area. We have been here almost 7 years already however I know very few "things to do" with kids. One of the fun activities was a free dance lesson. I thought this would be great for Cupcake since she always talks about ballet. We joined some friends and danced our little bottoms off. All the little queens had so much fun, we even had a king join us. Plenty of dancing and guess what, Cupcake LOVED it! Of course she loved it, why wouldn't she. She actually followed directions and listened carefully every time the teacher spoke, she was serious about her dance. I think I will wait before I sign her up for lessons.





No comments:

Post a Comment