Thursday, June 21, 2012

Let's ride the trains!

Remember when I told you that we were going to have fun this summer and have more Cupcake things to do. Well, since I am "with child" we decided to make this........The Summer of Cupcake! We wanted to make sure that we fill so many wonderful, kiddie things into our summer that Cupcake is going to have a belly full of activities.

Cupcake Activity #35 (being dramatic) - Strasburg Railroad!

Since I ride the trains on a weekly basis I wanted Hubs and Cupcake to experience my ride. Well, not really the same experience but hey, it's a train ride. We boarded the open train and had so much fun. (I did feel like Shirley Maclaine from Terms of Endearment during the beach scene again). Cupcake had so much fun looking at all the animals and farms in the countryside. It really was such a fun day. They offer a "Day with Thomas the Train" a few times during the year. Who knows, maybe we will brave the crowds at a later date to see Thomas.

After the train ride we went to visit the Train Museum. Oh for the love......please don't make me do this. I tried playing the pregnancy card to avoid this experience but no, Hubby wanted to see all the trains in the museum. WTF, what is there to look at. Its like looking at sky scrapers, old cars and whores. They all look the same and you have no idea how any of them work so why the field trip? We eventually left and visited a creamery near by for some delicious ice cream. I don't like ice cream but it beats the train. Mazel!




No comments:

Post a Comment