Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's festival season.....

Growing up we would attend so many local festivals, all in the names of saints or heritages. We would go to the St. Ann's feast, San Gennaro festival, Italian festival, St. Patty's Day parade (not the same but you see where I'm going with this). The food would be endless with zeppole's, sausage, peppers and onions, gelato and so many gluttonous items that we would fast all week in order to eat at the fest this weekend and for multiple days. Everyone was related or you at least knew Uncle Tony, Vinny boombats, Nicky knuckles, etc. It was so much fun and we would plan well in advance for this. It would consume our weekends (especially in high school, anyone who was anyone attended). Ahhh, the memories.

Fast foward to present day and I relocated to an area where we celebrate local fruits, vegetables and probably animals. To date I have been to the strawberry, potato, mushroom, blueberry, Johnny Appleseed festivals just to name a few. Some have been full of Elam, Isiah, Rebecka, all seem to be related. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy to attend the local festivities, I just find it interesting that it's the same wherever you go. All the locals gather together to break bread (or mushrooms), sing, dance, trade stories, you get the idea.

We attended the Mushroom Festival and it was amazing! I never knew there is 198 ways to cook, serve, eat mushrooms. It was the Bubba Gump of mushroom festivals. So much fun, so little time. Our friends even came down to witness this with us!

I must say that since I hit the 2nd trimester my photography skills have been lacking. I've been too tired to argue with hubby about posing for a pic and not calm enough to wait for Cupcake to stand for a pic.

Overall, it was so much fun. S & D enjoyed themselves, Hubby was full of mushrooms, Cupcake had fun on rides and I was just happy that we finally made it to another festival. I will check my calendar and let me know if you have any festivals you want to come to!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment