Thursday, June 21, 2012

Please Touch Museum

Hubby and I took Cupcake all the way into the city of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia to visit the famous kids museum, Please Touch! I was always on the fence about this place because it just breeds germs and 1) I'm pregnant 2) After last summer of sickness I am afraid of sick kids. I gave in and realized that Cupcake needs this experience. This place was AMAZING! So many hands on activities for Cupcake to do. I will break it down for you:


Septa Bus - this is where kids from the 'burbs can look to see what public transportation looks like. They can step up to board a real bus, board, pay the till and possibly drive the bus. I immediately channeled Sandra Bullock from Speed and screamed "stay above 60". Hubby did not find me funny.












CHOP - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia area. This is where Cupcake became a doctor. She was so intent on gathering all the babies, giving them check ups and tucking them into bed for the night. She is such an amazing care taker! I thought it was great expect for the sharing of lab coats and stethoscopes. I almost hurled.



















The Grocery Store - Holy Hell. This place looked like the grocery store during Hurricane Katrina. I've never in all my life witnessed anything like this. This little tikes were relentless trying to gather all the goods with a shopping cart. Why does this have to be a room at Please Touch. Please Don't Touch and get the hell out of here. It was mayhem but shocking, Cupcake LOVED it. She ran around as if she was a contestant on Supermarket Sweep. She ran around the aisles and picked out products she recognized but when she hit the meat department all hell broke loose. It took us awhile to get out of there and before we knew it, oh yes, we have to check out. They have little check out areas and kids get to play check out girl while others get to play the disgruntled mom's trying to check out while mumbling about all the crap in the cart. It was so much and you have to do this if you go (why should you be sparred the experience).

























The rest of the day was exhausting. We visited some fairy tale areas, Alice in Wonderland (I hate her), the piano from the movie "Big" and the big carousel! We had a great day, on the way out stopped for cheesesteaks and fell asleep on the way home. It was a success!




No comments:

Post a Comment