Wednesday, June 27, 2012

First day of school!

Our little Cupcake is growing up! Since Cupcake went to daycare and spent endless hours with other toddlers we felt that she needed to further her education. We signed her up at a local Christian preschool and fingers crossed she will love it. Me being the confidant mom is sure she will love it. Hubby feels that she will run for the hills and will hate it.

We talked, talked and talked all about school. Cupcake was so happy and couldn't wait to use her new back pack. The morning arrived, we had our new clothes picked out, put on and a hearty breakfast in our belly. We were all set to go! I had the camera ready but hubby said he would take the pics, I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed and nervous for her. Hubby wasn't sure he wanted to drop her off (he didn't on her first day of daycare either). We got into the car and were ready to roll when Cupcake asked for the first time "you stay Mommy". I almost melted. I knew I wasn't staying and I wanted her to feel comfortable staying. I couldn't lie to her but I didn't want to make her nervous. I excitedly said that I couldn't stay because Mommy had to go home and clean (stop laughing) and she would have more fun with her new friends playing games. The ride got progressively worse and 5 minutes later we arrived. She was happy to arrive and take some pics HOWEVER the minute we walked into the building her kung fu grip tightened. Hubby somehow arrived for his cameo, took a picture (outside) and left. I don't think he ever made it in the building. Cupcake and I hit the hallway and walked into the classroom, tears immediately started from everyone around us. She cried a few minutes but saw the water table, sand table and baby dolls. I stayed a few minutes and when she calmed down and ripped herself off me I decided to leave. I gave Cupcake a big hug and kiss and assured her that she would be fine and have a super duper day (yes, I said super duper). I calmly walked out of the school and prayed I wouldn't get a phone call to pick her up.

3 hours later (and after a breakfast with other moms) I returned to find a happy, messy little girl with some artwork to show! She was happy, sleepy and in need of lunch! I was thrilled and couldn't wait to discuss her day, after a nap of course!

Our little cupcake is on her educational way, wish her luck!









No comments:

Post a Comment