Thursday, June 21, 2012

The zoo where the homeless animals go.

Well, maybe that is a bit of a stretch and I'm not sure why I keep trying the whole zoo experience but we do! We found a local zoo that is great for small kids, local and inexpensive. We did join since it is something to do and I love to join things/places/groups.

We walked around the zoo and found your typical animals; peacocks, squirrels, turtles and a few other homely guys. Some were missing feathers, hair, limbs (kidding) but all in all it was a great day. We did come across a bunch of alpacas, they are scary little critters. They pretend to be nice and cute however they will spit at you if you do not hand over the food. I was that mom following my daughter with Purel constantly screaming "not in your mouth, keep your hands away, don't eat that". I was sick of myself, when can we go home.

I was ready to leave when out of the corner of my lazy eye I saw a camel and giraffe in the distance. Seriously??? Was my bum eye playing tricks on me. My camera died so I wasn't able to capture all the wildlife but it was amazing. So many animals living in a hole in the wall. This isn't a well known zoo, it is a small place to hang out and be one with the animals. It was great that Cupcake was able to get so close to the animals and it was overly packed. They had god damn porta potties so we held it until our kidneys leaked but since some of the trails were questionable our leakage blended. I will probably find out 10 years from now that it was in some guys backyard and they are all illegal after they jump the fence and are found in the local WalMart.

Good times! What's up next?





No comments:

Post a Comment