Thursday, June 21, 2012

Strawberry picking with my oldest bud!

The joys of living in a rural area is that there is so much to do. We are close enough to the city and beaches but even closer to animals, farms and all that outdoorsy stuff I love! Again, I am trying to embrace all the things to do in life and make sure that my daughter experiences everything in life. So, we met up with Cupcake's oldest friend JT and decided to pick some berries. We had fun however it was another HOT day. I'm sorry, I thought I lived in the North East region, not Somalia. We felt like day laborers as we picked majority of the berries (JT's mom and I met in college, have the same names and grew up 20 minutes from each other) while the kids ate the berries and walked around in a heat daze. Afterwards we stopped for lunch, petted some animals (again with the effin' animals, I can't get away from them) and enjoyed a frozen treat on this hot day. Cupcake and JT had so much fun and we look forward to making some delicious treats with our new berries.

Side note: there was a woman picking berries behind us in every picture so excuse the ass you may see up in the air.

UPDATE: JT"s mom made a pie and I made absolutely nothing. I tried to make jelly however I only read every 10th word of recipe and skipped many steps so it didn't work out. We did however have plenty of berries to eat during the week.





1 comment: