Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The rest of OBX

By now you are probably wondering if I even went on vacation with Hubby and Cupcake. Almost every picture is of father and daughter together. I almost felt like the hired help on vacation, the paid photographer. Well, not completely true, I hate the way I look in pictures so I opt out a lot or once I see the pics I hide them FOREVER!

Anyway, we went to the Elizabethan Gardens and roamed freely throughout the day. Cupcake made some friends and we enjoyed a day in the sun while we stopped to smell the flowers!



















After the gardens I convinced Hubby to drive to Cape Hatteras to see the famous lighthouse. We debated for several minutes about the location and I swore it was a close drive. Since I don't really look into things I lie, it was a 2 hour drive. Did I mention that I commuted 3 hours each way to work, this would be cake. For me it was cake but for Cupcake and Hubby they did not think it was easy or close by and an hour into it the complaining started, lol. At the end of a very relaxing drive we finally saw the lighthouse..........and stayed all of 30 minutes but it was fabulous. It was truly amazing to see this and I'm so happy we were able to see this. Wow, we are turning this beach vacation into an educational adventure (so not my style).

No comments:

Post a Comment