Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Put this pony out to pasture!

The end of an era..........I never thought this day would come however I am putting this horse out to pasture and staying home with my pony full time. The decision was a long time coming but it's time for me to stop this crazy commute and return home. I knew back in September that my job was most likely coming to an end due to a change in management. Hubby and I discussed moving to North J but soon realized that would not be right for our family. After many tears, discussions, reviews, debates we decided we were better off if I stayed home full time instead up relocating to North J. It was a difficult decision, I love my job and spent almost 12 years at a fabulous company (it isn't a company, it's a lifestyle). I started off as a showroom assistant/receptionist and worked my way up the corporate ladder to a Director of Sales. Some of it was luck and timing while the rest was hard work (also a great boss who gave me lots of opportunities). I worked in NYC office for 5 years, moved to the country and spent 7+ years commuting 3 hours a day each way through PA/DE/NJ to get to my fab job! My job awarded me many luxuries. I was able to travel to wonderful cities, stay in fabulous hotels and eat at 5 star restaurants, who wouldn't love this job! I met so many fabulous people and I was sad to leave knowing I would never see them again or have this experience again.

I am leaving behind career to spend my days with a fabulous little girl who needs me more than I need that company. I will be able to spend time with my husband, daughter, friends. Actually eat dinner as a family, play outside, go for ice cream, story hour at the library. It will be a different world but a world that needs me. I want to be able to see my family every day and have a part in their lives. So is it hard to put my Polo pony out to pasture knowing I will never have a career like that again to just hang out with a 2 year old all day..........not at all! Looking forward to all of our new adventures. Thank you Ralph for an amazing ride!

Get ready for some adventures Cupcake, Mommy's coming home!

Side note: I find it hysterical that my last day at work is Friday, April 1st.......APRIL FOOL'S DAY! I told my new boss to sit tight and wait and see if I show up for work on Monday (I know she is secretly scared)

1 comment:

  1. It's been fun having you home FT time, Kathie Lee....Great job on updating the blog..its like a little time capsule!

    ReplyDelete