Monday, May 14, 2012

3 Months old already!


Time really does fly by! Everyone says that but I never believed them until our sweet girl arrived. Not only do I not know where the time goes but my baby is growing right before my eyes into a little girl. Okay, maybe not that fast but she is no longer a newborn, she is an infant and everyday is a new adventure.

Our sweet girl spends her weekdays hangin' with Nanny! They have quite the routine already and enjoy some of the following subjects/activities:
"Library Time" - playing with her soft books
"Gymboree" - rolling around on her mat and kicking her legs when Barney is on.  She now enjoys tummy time and loves to lay on her belly and pick up her turtle head to look around!
"Cinema with Children" - they watch Barney and/or Sesame Street
"Fashion Marketing 101" - pick out clothes to wear for the day
"Cooking with Infants 101" - making bottles and just like any cooking class you are able to eat what you make, they do that about 6-8 times a day.
"Field Trips" - hang out on the screened in porch birdwatching and looking at plants, this could also coincide with Botany 101.
"Music" - Nanny singing a compilation of songs ranging from "your are my sunshine" to the "itsy bitsy spider"

We are adding new classes daily so stay tuned!

Our sweet girl also spends time hanging in her high chair and enjoys sucking her thumb! I can't believe that I have a thumb sucker, it is very cute though!

Hubby and I had to give in and move our pod of 3. Although we loved studio apartment living in our bedroom,  is too long for her bassinet. Since it is wicker you can hear the crinkling when she stretches, the noise would wake her up. So, while I was away in NY I received the report that our sweet girl wouldn't sleep when I was away. We figured out the problem and on August 11th our sweet girl moved into her own room. I was a little sad to see her go. I enjoyed hearing her heartbeat machine every night and know that she was an arms length away. Well, this is only the beginning of my girl growing up. I'm proud of her, she loves her crib and we are almost done decorating her room. If you know me then you understand that it takes me months of ordering, returning, debating and talking about things to death to make a decision. I will post pics of her room when it is done, that may be on her 1st birthday - kidding!

Enjoy the pics of our sweet girl! Hope to see you soon!

***I am happy to report that our sweet girl rolled over for the first time on August 13th! It was such a happy moment, I think I was more excited for her than she was. She practiced long and hard with Coach Nanny during Gymboree time and did it! Actually, Hubby was so happy that his little girl flipped that he brought flowers home to celebrate this big event! See what I mean, time is flying by. Can't wait to see what happens at 4 months!


No comments:

Post a Comment