Monday, May 14, 2012

Hoppy Easter - 2009



Easter Morn is here!! I love Easter because it means that spring is here. I love watching all of the kids dress up in their Easter best, hunting in the yard for eggs left by the bunny and everyone load up on chocolate eggs, bunnies and jelly beans. It is so much fun! The bunny stopped by our home to drop off some treats for Barney, Kelcey and Hubby. Hubby's basket consisted of candy and his very own Diaper Dude bag. Since he will have many daycare responsibilities the Easter bunny thought he would need his very own bag. Not sure if he will use it but it is nicer than the floral bag I would have purchased for him. The pups received some treats along with a new stuffed handbag for Kelcey and a turtle for Barney. The handbag lasted all of 10 minutes before Barney stole it and tore it to shreds. Oh well, hope everyone has a blessed Easter!!

This year Hubby and I spent Easter with his family. It was a nice, relaxing day. My in-laws also installed a fence so the pups were able to run around outside and help the kids hunt for eggs. Well, that was the thought, however a neighboring dog named Raven was next door and wanted in on the fun. Most think that Barney was intimated so he spent most of his time looking for shelter. I think he was just thirsty and tried to run inside for some water, my boy does not shy away from anyone, lol. Seriously, all kidding aside, it's amazing how he is big man on campus when he is home and tries to intimidate everyone he can but the minute he leaves his house he is scared of his own shadow. Mommy's little boy!!

We had a nice afternoon feasting on many treats from appetizers to lamb cake. What Easter would be complete without the "Lamb Cake"? My grandmother use to make one every year, ahhh, so many memories. A cake in the shape of a lamb covered in coconut (for the hair affect) on a patch of green grass (also coconut). Hubby's Auntie L also makes lamb cakes; apparently she makes a flock every year for each family. I think it is hysterical because it’s not just my crazy family with traditions like this; I married into the right family. Food was great, company was great and it was just nice to sit with my feet up and enjoy this beautiful Easter Sunday.

Just an FYI....I hit my 37th week so I'm officially full term and growing by leaps and bounds. I think I gained more in the past 3 weeks than I did my entire pregnancy. Thank goodness my time is coming to an end. My feet are beyond swollen, I look like I ate Gilbert Grape and I need to sleep every chance I get. The baby is in position and kicking up a storm. We are anxiously awaiting Baby M's arrival (in case you couldn't tell from our 35 other posts). Hopefully the baby will arrive sooner than later and I will be back to myself in no time. Let the fun begin!!!

Side note, don't mind my husband in his wife beater t-shirt circa 1956, the only thing missing is some gravy stains.





AT NONNA & POPS HOUSE

No comments:

Post a Comment