Monday, May 14, 2012

Little Girl, it's time to go home!


Hubby and I were so excited! Time to dress up this little girl and head home. I laid her clothes out, the first of many important outfits in her life (coming home outfit, communion dress, prom dress, wedding dress, you get the idea) and it took a lot of time choosing the perfect outfit for a homecoming event. We couldn't wait to bring our little bundle home, show her around, meet the pups, try out her new crib. We slowly drove home (slow speed now with a baby in the car) and started to settle into life with a little one.

When we pulled up to our home Nanny, Grandpa, Barney and Kelcey were waiting for us with pink balloons and decorations all over the house. I was in excruciating pain due to the surgery, swelling and in need of sleep as well as high doses of medication. Our homecoming was toned down compared to what I envisioned; running around the house, playing with the pups, tons of visitors. I was lucky if I could sit and stand never mind what was going on in my house. I think Barney and Kelcey were a little upset that I didn't make a bigger deal since I hadn't seen them in 4 days but Mommy was spent!

We did have some visitors; Uncle J and my oldest friend in the world Holy Ech! It took some time to adjust to life post surgery. Our sweet girl was great but didn't get the house tour since I couldn't walk and it took some time to get ourselves together. We have plenty of time for tours and settling in. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment