Monday, May 14, 2012

Getting ready for Halloween!


I love Halloween!! I say it every year; it is probably my favorite holiday because it is the kick off to all Fall holidays! Before we could give out any candy to trick o treaters, we had to visit a local patch to pick the Great Pumpkin! We spent a Sunday afternoon being transported via tractor to the corn maze and pumpkin patch. The corn maze was fun, how hard can this be! In order to get through the maze we had to answer questions relating to Halloween, if you had the correct answer you proceed to the next question, if you had the wrong answer you were sent to a dead end and forced to retrace your steps. Okay, not to sound like a character from Saw, but at one point I was a little nervous because I thought I saw a Michael Myers look a like but he turned out to be just a very white person. We continued through the maze and were flying through the questions but were eventually tricked by an answer. I almost started to panic when flashes of "The Strangers" popped into my head but realized that it was only a scarecrow. A few questions later (good lord, how big is this maze) I thought I saw a silo from "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" in the background with that crazy cop (you know, from the Jessica Biel version) it was just a worker telling us we were at the end. Whew, that was hard and I realized that not only did I have fun but I have to stop watching television. Anyway, after the maze we rummaged through the patch, only pushing older kids out of the way and found our pumpkins. Gosh, this time of the year is so much fun!

Oh, Brotha's kids went pumpkin picking too! Here are some pics of their day that I thought I could share. So cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment