Monday, May 14, 2012

4 months old already


Time does fly by!! September is here and we are preparing for Fall. Cupcake (her new name) is 4 months old already and still recovering from her Christening. When I first started thinking about this month I thought it was quiet, no big events, then I started seeing the pics I was about to post and realized we had a BIG month!

Cupcake went for her 4 month check up and weighed in at 15 lbs 4 oz and 24 1/2" long. My girl is growing and she is healthy. The doctor passed by while the nurse was weighing her and dropped off a food schedule. Once he came in for her visit he said "I saw Maddie on the scale and she is ready for food!" I am just happy that Maddie is ready for her next stage. We started food the next day, on Saturday, September 12th. We edged into rice cereal and she looked at me with that face "what is this and why are you feeding me this". Hubby was a little nervous feeding her so he decided to keep her bowl under her chin the entire time, you never know when she will spill. She was so cute playing around with her food, by Sunday she stopped playing and realized it was good eats! What until she tries some french fries or gnocchi!

Cupcake made some friends this month. She is a huge fan of Barney, not our dog but the purple dinosaur. After many years of making fun of "I love you, you love me" my daughter became a groupie. Did you know Barney started out in the early 90's. Well, since he is a dinosaur I guess he's been around for thousands of years. Cupcake also became friends with Elmo. Who could resist Elmo! He is so cute and cuddly, I want him in my house. She just laughs when she hears the song for "Elmo's World"

We celebrated Grandparents Day with visit to both Nanny/Grandpa and Nonna/Pop. She was so excited to celebrate her first grandparent holiday. Where would she be without them, probably naked and toyless!

Cupcake is starting to babble more and sitting up! We were playing with a sight and sound toy and all of a sudden "Miss Thing" realized that she could sit up and see the world, I am so proud of her. I think the funniest activity this month is the fact that she loves the computer. Not only does she love the monitor but she automatically reaches for the mouse while starring at the screen, is she me? She even taps on the keyboard as if she has an important document that she needs to send out. She is so bright - I am that parent!

Other than cupcake's activities we really don't notice much. I know most parents, especially new parents, are emerged with their child and yes it happened to us. I am so in love with my little girl. She is so sweet and every day brings a new adventure. I am so lucky to watch my girl grow! Nanny still hangs with her every day and they are forming a special bond.  Cupcake still has a great bond with Grandpa, Nonna and Pop - she is just a sweet and lucky girl. Can't wait to see what next month has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment