Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby M has some parties!



February usually flies by but this year I feel that since January arrived time is slowly dragging. March started with more birthday celebrations; Dad, Hubby and my niece A ending the month with Boo's birthday too!

Throughout the month family and friends gathered to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby M. I was truly overwhelmed by every ones generosity, love and support! Hubby and I are extremely lucky to have all of you and we will be sure to let Baby M know all about the festivities that he/she missed.

My friends and coworkers had a shower for me in true Minnie style. Since it was a surprise I didn't have a camera on hand to take pics. The shower consisted of everything that I love; mini Swiss cheeseburgers, french fries, chicken fingers (extremely healthy) and to top it off CUPCAKES! Oh wait, there was a center piece from Edible Arrangements. Okay, so the fruit was covered in chocolate but at least there was fruit present! Many thanks to my friend for organizing and my boss for hosting.

Our mom's had a shower for us on Saturday, March 21st! I had such an amazing day. I was shocked that so many of you traveled long and far to spend this special day with me. Baby M received so many wonderful, adorable and outrageous gifts! Again I was overwhelmed by every one's generosity, it was a perfect day. I loved that my Mom made sure I had my favorite food on hand; hummus, shrimp, Creme Brulee - Baby is eating good today!!  My friend Kiki made me and the baby a Baby M onesie and me a Mama M t-shirt - ADORABLE and I can't wait to wear them. Also so many beautiful hand made sweaters, blankies, hats not to mention strollers, swings, bassinet, etc. I think this baby is ready to come home and test out his/her new toys!!

The following Saturday my friends and neighbors also gathered to welcome Baby M, wow, this is unreal. Hubby and I had such a nice afternoon at our neighbor's home. Everyone did such a great job putting together a lovely afternoon for us. We are so happy and fortunate to live in such a wonderful neighborhood. There are so many little people living here too that Baby M has so many playmates to meet!

Overall March was an exciting yet overwhelming month for us. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful, generous and loving people in our life. We are anxiously awaiting Baby M's arrival (in case you couldn't tell) and can't wait to share all the stories and pictures with our baby to let the baby know how loved he/she is already!

Thank you everyone for making this time for us extremely special!!! Love to you all - The Smiths














No comments:

Post a Comment