Monday, May 14, 2012

You're a catholic now what....let's party!


After a very touching baptism (just for me, I doubt anyone was graced with the love from God, I'm her mom) we headed to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our sweet girl's baptism, let's see how long it takes for any of us to break a commandment.

It was such a nice day. The weather was beyond anything I could ask for. We picked a room that was set up as a giant gazebo overlooking the greens from a golf course (we golf alot so we wanted to have a party where we hang out - yeah right). Our family members joined us for the celebration and grazed on appetizers while having a few (several - I have the bar bill) cocktails and games (not drinking games, games for the kids) while enjoying some stories and lots of laughter. The food was great (always important to me) and the ambiance (so sophisticated and not like me) was amazing. So, we plan on having all of our cupcake's events here since it was a perfect day.

Our sweet girl had a great time. She hung out with her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends and partied like it was 1999. We feasted and drank for hours and before we knew it the cake arrived.

Okay, not sure if I spoke about the cake but cake is soooo important to me. Not sure why since I really don't like or eat (don't laugh) cake. I like cupcakes if I even eat them. Anywho, I searched high and low for the perfect cake. I googled until my fingers were exhausted, my eyes were crossed and my mind was at a stand still until I found a bakery near my home. Low and behold they had the perfect Christening Cake.........a christening dress!!!! I almost passed out when I saw a picture of the dress and what they could do. I looked through this photo album and found not only her cake but cakes for her 1st birthday as well as every birthday to follow including her proms, halloweens and wedding cake. All kidding aside, I dragged my daughter through several miles of woods (seriously I thought Snow White would appear) to reach a bakery (did I tell you I live through the sticks and normally my mom is usually my sidekick but she was unavailable and hey, new generation, new sidekick). I love them and they were able to produce the exact cake that I wanted.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't the first to have a cake like this but I was able to find the perfect cake for a perfect girl!

Sooooooo........long story short, we had a GREAT dinner at our favorite restaurant basking in the sun, overlooking the greens while drinking martinis, white wine while feasting on tuna tarte and mozzarella sticks (I'm not that fancy but it was great).

Hubby and I were so happy with our sweet girl's party. We (I) can't wait for the next big event. I already started planning her 1st birthday, I'm thinking big!!

No comments:

Post a Comment