Monday, May 14, 2012

Thanksgiving 2009 - lots to be thankful for!






Thanksgiving is finally here! We have so much to be thankful for:
- Barney finding a new home
- Nanny spending her days with us
- wonderful family and friends
- a roof over our head along with food on our table
- a loving relationship
- AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THANKFULNESS (is that word) PRINCESS!!!!

We celebrated like we do most Thanksgiving holidays, at our home surrounded by family members! We hosted this Thanksgiving at our home with Nanny, Grandpa, Nonna, Pop, Aunt J, Uncle Cha Cha, nephews S and Screech. We missed the rest of the K and S families. Princess was so excited for her 1st big holiday that we spent the week making Indian hats and turkey place cards for all of our guests.

I was traveling on Monday and Tuesday to Milwaukee to visit with Kohl's and would normally sweat the fact that I wasn't home but I had my guardian angel Nanny at my home to care for my baby and start preparing for our feast. I am thankful that I have my mom. She is my angel and is always there to help me whether it is to care for my child or help me prepare for a feast to share with many.

Thanksgiving morning started with a visit from Tom the Turkey. He brought some treats for Princess and even helped with some veggies and stuffing! I was truly happy this holiday because it was the first of many to celebrate my daughter and to show her what Thanksgiving means to all of us.

The day was fantastic! We gorged ourselves on food, wine and laughs! Princess had a great time playing with her cousins and everyone had a good time bowling on Wii. I can only imagine what the rest of the holidays will be like.

Princess had a great day too, she tried some mashed potatoes, her first real food!!! The first of many!

We kept with our tradition of writing in the "Thanksgiving Journal". Every year we have our guests write down what they are thankful for. It is so nice to reflect on the year, especially with the kids because what they are thankful for is usually the sweetest and smallest things in life!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE! May you have had a year full of blessings, even though you may not notice them, there are blessings every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment