Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Brotha and Fam come to visit! July 2010


My Brotha and SIL Wahlberg stopped by unexpectedly from their trip to Hershey to say Hello! We were so happy to see our fam. Well, I was in NYC when I got the call and ran home like Steve Martin from Trains, Planes and Autos. It was close and I almost didn't make it but hell have no fury like an aunt on a mission. We had a great time during a quick visit.

Side note: The following day we went to a friends house for dinner where I thought I lost my engagement ring. I was already set for a mini nervous breakdown that day trying to deal with work and motherhood (seriously, I forgot to put makeup on, I NEVER do that) when I realized right before dinner my ring was missing. We searched high and low and eventually called it an early night so we could continue the search. Hubs played it cool but then lost it after he tore apart the garbage bags. I woke up the next morning with a pit in my stomach realizing that I will never have a piece of jewelry that nice ever again. Besides that I was upset that this was a symbol of the new start of our life together. Hubs replied with "are you joking, do you know how much I paid for that ring, do you know how long I had to save for that". Sooooooooooooo, symbolism out the window, Hubs left the house white as a ghost on a mission to buy a metal detector when low and behold my friend called informing me the ring was under my chair the entire night. Thank goodness the cat didn't eat it, or her son since kids put everything in their mouths. Hubs drove over to pick it up and when he returned I asked him to put it on my finger again and ask me the same question he asked 6 years ago, he replied with "get out of here, clear head, be grateful its back". Ahhhh, that's the big lug I married. Life is back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment