Monday, May 14, 2012

Christmas 2009


My family Christmas get-together is by far one of my favorite events of the year. It brings back so many wonderful memories of my childhood with my parents and siblings. Through the years my parents have given us fabulous Christmas mornings full of sentimental gifts, laughs and memories. Once I was in high school we welcomed my sister's husband and then in college my brother's wife. After my siblings were married we were fortunate to add nieces and nephews into the mix. There is no better feeling than realizing that there are so many people who love unconditionally. I have been apart of so many wonderful Christmas days and can't wait for Princess to take part in all the family festivities!

We ventured off to Nanny and Grandpa's house the Saturday after Christmas for our family Christmas party. We had a great time ringing in one of my favorite holidays. This year (of course) was extra special since Princess was with us. Last year was my niece Tinker's first Christmas but this year we had a playmate for her to get in trouble with!

Everyone had a great time feasting on Nanny's delicious food and exchanging presents via Secret Santa! Princess had so much fun playing with everyone, especially Nanny and Grandpa. The highlight for me was watching Princess stare at TInker all night long, waiting to see what she would do next. Princess was in awe that Tinker could walk around, talk to us and even find her way into Princess's seat without assistance. It was so funny watching Tinker climb into and buckle herself into Princess's seat as if it was a common activity.

Cousins S, Boo, K-man and Screech are so grown up now. Gone are the Sesame Street toys replaced with electronic gadgets. The "little kid toys" are now saved for Tinker and Princess, all updated since they were first featured up to 14 years ago. I laughed watching Princess open gifts such as Tickle Me Elmo remembering giving that gift to nephew S 14 years ago! I know look forward to watching Princess as she celebrates every Christmas with the Family Clan!! There's nothing like spending Christmas with your family, especially with the people who made all of this possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment