Monday, May 14, 2012

Thanksgiving 2008


Well, its that time of the year again! Thanksgiving is here and I'm very excited, I'm also very tired but looking forward to hosting yet another Thanksgiving feast! I am now 16 weeks pregnant, feeling great but a little sleepy. The show must go on!

I must admit that this year was a bit more complicated than previous holidays. First, I thought the 25 lbs of turkey I had was rancid, good lord, talk about horrible smells! The eve of Thanksgiving I was getting ready to smack and rub my turkey down when I realized this horrible smell in my kitchen. Low and behold the turkey's were bad! I called my Mom, the grocery store, anyone who would listen. I must say that customer service at the grocery store was a huge help until she asked me what day I needed the turkey for. Ummmm, not trying to be sarcastic and not sure if she is Canadian but Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday every year since the Pilgrims hit Plymouth Rock, did ya fail history honey? So I finally located fresh meat and hauled myself back to the grocery store for some fresh turkey. I was so happy and relieved that I was back to serving a fresh feast opposed to Hungry Man dinners. Back to the kitchen to get my turkey on and realized that they were bad too!! This can't be happening. Well, I had Hubby and my parents in the kitchen at this point and realized that pregnancy can alter sense of smell and there was nothing wrong with any of the turkey's. Soooooooo, I had about 60lbs of meat for this glorious feast, hope you're hungry and hope you are stopping by!

The day arrived and my siblings, nieces and nephews arrived for a day full of food, fun, laughs and games. Everyone helped this pregnant lady out, rolled up their sleeves and pitched in. It was fun, hanging out together and helping in the kitchen, not sure if my guests felt the same way but I was happy! As always my nephew Screech, makes me laugh, "Aunt Minnie, don't I look like a candy corn". After dinner we celebrated Nanny's birthday and I set up "create your own sundae bar" but I think my brotha had the most fun with it. Tinkerbell seemed to enjoy her 1st Thanksgiving. Funny, she didn't have any turkey but looks like she passed out just like the rest of us.

Not only did my brotha and his fam come for the holiday but also spent the weekend with us. Boo danced in her annual Irish Step Dance competition in Philly but I wasn't able to make it this year. I am happy to announce that her team placed this year, for the very first time!! Congrats Boo!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment