Monday, May 14, 2012

Christmas Portraits!


I'm normally running around like a wild woman chasing 2 hairy beasts around the house snapping (or attempting) the Christmas Card picture. This year I decided since Barney is off to college and Kelcey still hides from the camera I was going to concentrate on Princess! So, I set off to the studio for some good 'ol fashion Christmas Pics!!

Princess was such a good sport about the whole day. Well, let me back track a bit. Me being me, I purchased 2 different Christmas dresses and had back up clothes for the big day. I finally decided on the perfect dress, we were going with the whole "traditional thing" this year. Princess was very patient while I dressed her, she kept her head band in and even left her feet alone (I loved her patent Mary Jane's). Hand to god, when I finished dressing Princess I brought her to the mirror and she gasped when she saw herself then broke out in a huge smile, ear to ear! I was so happy that she approved of my Christmas pic choices!!

We tried a few different poses and she was somewhat of a diva. "excuse me, you want me to look where". All was good during the shoot until Santa Claus arrived and tried to take some cookies away. Not sure what happened but I did hear "so help me Santa if you do NOT get off my cookies I will break those chubby little sausage links you call fingers". Wow, that got out of hand fast!

I calmed the diva down, changed into her back up outfit and tried for more shots. They weren't as cute as Princess sitting in her chair next to the fire (very Masterpiece Theater). She just looked at the balls, gifts and Mr. Bear but wasn't feeling it.

After an hour of going through 150 poses I finally found a bunch to order. Not sure what happened next, it was all a blur because next thing I knew I was walking out with 200 pictures in 150 sizes from 20 x 24 to 1 x 1 (not sure they were all of Princess) and possibly signed up for "picture of the month club with free jams". It was an overwhelming day but we got through it. We may have to hide some pics from Daddy so he doesn't question how much we spent.

Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment