Monday, May 14, 2012

Sisterhood lasts a lifetime - dink!



Almost 13 years ago I pledged myself to the Alpha Sigma Tau sorority. Yes, I am a sorority girl. I can't say "was" because just like being in the Soprano family, "Sisterhood lasts a lifetime". I love that I was in a sorority during college. I met so many girls that I would have never met if it wasn't for AST! Don't get me wrong I already had my college friends outside of the sorority and I didn't need to "buy my friends", I joined a social organization and received an invitation into a group of women that I will remain bonded to forever. I was part of many socials, formals, sporting events (we weren't that good), secret meetings (yes, we do have a secret handshake), songs and silly initiations. Not to mention that being with 40-50 other girls you are always bound to find someone who agrees with you, someone who will join you on a wild goose chase and someone to laugh with or a shoulder to cry on. Wow, it's been a long time since I wore my sorority hat and it's nice to see that it still fits. I should really see if they need an advisor, I live for this crap. All kidding aside, I have to admit that some of my closest friends are my "sisters" and I still keep in touch with many Taus’ today (thanks to facebook).

I felt that this Fall we were due for another reunion. Yes, you did see pics from a reunion in older posts however; this was a time for us to get together with our families. About 15 Tau's made it to my house with 20 kids (3 sets of twins) for an afternoon of reminiscing and laughs. It was amazing to meet all the little ones and realize that we have grown up but we are still bonded together. You have to realize that most reunions take place in York at our old college bar so it is hard to not resort to a 21 year old reliving the glory days.

Funny, I just realized looking at this picture that every woman there a baby, some of us are still cooking ours so you can't see all of them. We had a great time and it was so nice to meet everyone's husbands and kids.

Thanks to everyone who made the trip out. Hopefully next year we can do it again and convince more Tau's to join our cause. I promise we won't sing songs or give out any "petland discount" awards but it is nice to hang out and realize that yes, sisterhood does last a lifetime. Oh stop making fun, its true!

No comments:

Post a Comment