Monday, May 14, 2012

What, we're finally getting a fence?


The only thing I asked before the arrival of this baby is for a fence to enclose the beasts! My prince charming made another wish come true, HE FINALLY GOT ME A FENCE!!! I know that my needs greatly differ from those of years past. I use to long for flowers, jewelry, and romantic dinners, now I long for a fence so my dogs can wander freely in the backyard without Mommy having to leash them up and go for walk to do "their business".  I kept freaking out that I wouldn't be able to handle a newborn along with 2 of the shaggiest, hairiest, loudest and craziest dogs in this town (that is being nice). I was so excited when we finally decided to hire someone to install the fence. Hubby's original thought was to "bang it out one weekend" and I kept trying to breathe deep and figure out a way to encourage him to just hire someone! Well, he did and let me tell you, if you offer a service, post it on craigslist.com and we will hire you. The guys Hubby hired did a great job but I was a little concerned when they used a tape measurer to measure my property and when I noticed a lot of head scratching when trying to figure out some machinery. The fence was installed in 3 days and I was finally free of walks and leashes. I explained to the puppies that "Mommy and Daddy bought a fence for you to run and play", everything seemed perfect. Oh but no, the weather turned bad and I was stuck inside with puppies looking out the window everyday for 6 days wondering when the rain would stop and the playing would start!

Finally, the sun came out and the ground dried up - we were free to play! The beasts were on the loose and Mommy was so happy. Not to digress but Kelcey was always the runner and would flee any chance she would get. Well, when it came time to unleash the beasts they were both stuck to me like glue and wouldn't wander off. When I came inside, they followed. It took a few days for them to realize that I wasn't going to yell at them for being off leash or for running like wild boars. I apologize in advance if the barking annoys any of my neighbors, I will try to make sure that they are inside for key times of the day; school bus pick up/drop off, UPS deliveries, etc.

I'm so happy the fence was installed when it was. The pups are happy, Matt is my knight in shining armor which means that I'M HAPPY and when I'm happy everyone can breathe a sigh of relief and go back to their business. Here are some pics of us playing outside. I am 1 day short of 37 weeks and to put it mildly, this baby is really growing. I was shocked to see how much "the baby grew" in just a few short weeks - I'm gigantic!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment