Monday, May 14, 2012

Almost Easter and Almost 1!


I can't believe Easter is a day away and Princess's 1st birthday is a month away. It seems like yesterday we were celebrating Easter anxiously waiting for her arrival. I can't believe how time flies, I can't believe that I have to order a leg of lamb and I can't believe how hot it is! This is unreal. Have we discussed my pure hatred for extreme weather? I HATE summer AND winter. I enjoy spring AND fall.

Digressing, lots on our to-do list:
- fill baskets
- decorate the house by throwing a boat load of bunnies around followed by a sprinkle of eggs
- meet the big bunny at the mall
- color some eggs
- coordinate an Easter Egg Hunt for an almost 1 year old
- find an Easter dress AND bonnet.

Well, I am off to a great start! Everything is coming together except the Easter Bonnet. How on God's good green earth am I suppose to find a hat for Princess's melon? This is harder than it looks. On Holy Saturday I decided to $hit can the idea of a hat, who am I kidding, she won't wear it anyway.

The plan was to color some eggs, eat copious amounts of food on Holy Saturday (not sure what kind of tradition this is?? Your Lord has passed so let's make a huge Italian fest) go to bed and begin our Easter traditions. Instead Grandpa decided to show our cupcsake how to climb our stairs, apparently I don't know how to hard boil an egg (they were raw), Princess was one eyein' it while we colored eggs and everyone ate more than they needed to at Jesus's re passe dinner.

I am happy to say that Princess turned 11 months today, let the 1 year birthday bash countdown begin!!!

Looking forward to a glorious Easter morn! I hope the heat dies down!



No comments:

Post a Comment