Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy New Year 2009




Hubby and I planned on ringing in the New Year quietly compared to our usual family gathering. What better way to say thanks for a great '08 and how bout a fine '09 then eating at PF Changs! Mr. Chang is a fabulous man. I mean, I think PF is a talented individual and if he was ever a contestant on Top Chef or Iron Chef he would kick some Mongolian Beef arse! I purposely made late dinner reservations so we would be forced to stay awake all night. What a mad house! Chang's House of Lovin' was balls to the walls full of hungry folks. We had a reservation at 9:15 and still had to wait 20 minutes. The food was good, not the normal succulent meal but it was still fabulous. A few Shirley temples’ later I was ready for bed. We ate until our bellies were full and our fortune cookies claimed that happiness was before us and something about being in luck. It was time to head home.

My plan worked out fabulously! We came home at 11:30 in time to watch Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year with Ryan Gaycrest, I mean Seacrest. Lord, ya gotta love Dick Clark and there is no other man like him but he needs to retire, he brought a tear to my eye. Ryan was out and about as his usual annoying self, I couldn’t stand to watch any longer. I switched to Carson Daly and I think he had 100 other places he would rather be then in Times Square on New Years Eve. For a moment I thought he was either interviewing Katrina victims or Koala bears from the Aussie fires. Some ya-whoo, I think it was Taylor Swift kept screaming that she wants to be invited back next year while Katy Perry screamed about kissing a girl. Finally 11:59 approached, I elbowed Hubby to wake up and we counted down to 2009!! May you have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2009, I know we will.

Happy New Year to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment