Monday, May 14, 2012

Christmas Eve 2009


Wow, Christmas Eve is finally here. I love Christmas Eve, it is the kick off for the entire holiday weekend. Full of family, laughs, good food and an overall good time. As always we ventured to Nonna & Pop's house (hubby's parents) for a traditional Italian 7 fish fest! I love going to my mother in law's house for this dinner, it is delicious and we always have so much fun.

It is definitely different with a baby around the holidays, everything takes on a different meaning. Sharing, caring, shopping (with a 7 month old means extra stops) and a guaranteed smile from everyone! I knew that "everything changes with a baby" but as always you don't understand until you are "there" (side note, I always hated when people said that to me). I spent more time thinking about gifts for people, baking cookies with love (opposed to cursing the entire night away with 5 hours to spare) and just sitting back and realizing we have the best gift anyone could give us!

The usual suspects were at Nonna & Pop's house but this year it is different because Princess was with us. Our girl was all dressed up to celebrate the birth of our lord and all 7 fishes. It was a night full of laughs and presents for Princess. She had no idea what was going on around her and just kept watching all of her older cousins rip into gifts laughing and smiling from ear to ear.

I did receive a wonderful present this year (besides princess), a poster of Edward Cullen (aka Robert Pattinson). I think he is so dreamy and I did tell my mother in law that although hubby is perfect I would most likely leave him if Edward knocked on my door. Kidding, well, maybe.

We spent the night with the Family S and returned home in time for Santa. Our little girl was fast asleep but we made sure to leave out some of Santa's favorite treats. We wouldn't want that jolly old man getting hungry during his long night of gift giving.

Who knows what Santa has in store for Princess. We know that she was a wonderful girl this year so she should be rewarded with a few presents. Merry Christmas Eve to all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment