Monday, May 14, 2012

Mele Kalikimaka.....


is the Hawaiian way to say Merry Christmas to you!

Christmas morn is finally here! I love Christmas but I do find it to be somewhat upsetting. All the decorating, running around, wrapping and it all comes down to one day. I always hope that Christmas Day drags all day so we can cherish every last moment. I wish I could squeeze the hell out of Christmas and make it last all year long!

After a robust Christmas Eve, we ventured home and snuggled in front of the TV watching Ralphie and wondering if he would ever get the official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! I was also happy to know that if we missed any part of the 2 hour movie it would play another 11 times on TBS, not need to sweat it. My favorite part has to be at the Chinese restaurant. I want a group of chinamen singing to me while I hot roasted ducks smiles before me. One day my dream may come true!

Christmas morning finally arrived!! The pups were ready to see if Santa Paws left any treats and Mommy wanted to know if he happened to leave a new handbag under the tree. Hubby and I ran downstairs to help the pups open their new toys and sit in front of the tree opening gifts and relaxing together. This will be the last Christmas about us for a very long time. From now on we will be consumed with early wake up calls, Santa anxiety (did he come, what did he leave, did he eat the cookies I left for him) and a sea of instructions and left over pieces. I'm very excited about all the future Christmas's ahead but definitely cherished the calm before the storm with my favorite partner in crime. Oh, Santa did leave me a new handbag and I'm in love. Hubby fell in love with a new James Bond Wii game. He is now out of gaming retirement and looking for any one to play with.

Nanny and Grandpa finally joined us in the Christmas excitement. Barns and Kelcey have more toys and balls then they need but had fun scattering them around the house while spending extra time with their grandparents. Horror did strike when we realized 10 hours elapsed since our last meal, bring on the hearty breakfast!

We thought it would be nice to continue the "all about Hubby and Wifey Christmas" with a quiet meal and just have our parents over to celebrate the birth of our Lord JC. I planned on making a lovely silence of the lamb, my favorite meat, along with some traditional side favorites and some 5 cheese penne for starters. My Christmas, my house, my menu! Hope everyone enjoyed the food. On a side note, if you have any major cleaning to do for a holiday, you should consider completing this prior to the actual day of entertaining. I decided that activating the self cleaning oven 4 hours prior to making meat is a bad idea. Not only did the oven remain locked but panic set in when I thought we would be ordering pizza on Christmas Day. Eventually the oven unlocked, the silence of the lamb was thrown in at high temps to make up for lost time and the food was delicious! It was hands down the best lamb I ever made and yes, I did make it before.

Christmas Day quietly came to an end but not before savoring some sweet desserts, lounging with our parents, reminiscing about Christmas's past and talking about all the exciting Christmas's in our future.

Wishing a wonderful Christmas to you and yours, many more ahead!!


No comments:

Post a Comment