Monday, May 14, 2012

My Birthday February 2010


This year we planned to have a quiet birthday and good thing we didn't have big plans since a blizzard was making its way to our home. I was able to pamper myself with a facial from Princess. She knows how to win Mommy over, with an hour to get my face scrubbed, I absolutely love facials!!!

After the facial we had a day of fun planned but had to cancel and just get a quick bite to eat since the snow was about to start any moment. I was trying to "think positive" and kept saying, "I don't think it will be that bad".

Well, on the morning of my birthday we woke up to a blizzard! I was happy that I was able to sleep in but did wake up to a smiling, giggling pretty girl looking at me sitting on my bed. We started the celebration with a robust breakfast followed by a fabulous lunch, took some naps, watched some TV and just enjoyed being together.

For dinner Hubby made me a wonderful steak dinner with mashed potatoes, even Princess was able to try some and she loved them. I think the little Italian is coming out in her. She likes to speak with her hands and scream out how much she enjoys something.

My birthday was complete with an ice cream cake, my first cake that said Mommy!! I was fast to find my crown along with one for Princess as she and Daddy sang Happy Birthday to me. I realized that we need to practice with her so she will be ready to roll for her 1st birthday, only 3 months away.

In the end we received about 2 feet of snow, ate ourselves silly and had a great weekend being snowed in together! I love my little family and am truly grateful for every minute of every day with them. Thank you for a wonderful birthday Hubby, Princess and Puppy! Can't wait for next year, lol!!

Oh and I forgot to mention that Princess loves to make funny faces now, watch out world. She has the stink eye down pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment