Monday, May 14, 2012

Pumpkin Picking 2009


OMG - I have been waiting for this for such a long time!! I love the Fall season, it is probably my favorite season of the year. Well, that's not true, I love the Fall but since cupcake arrived this Spring I think I like that better. Anyway, on a personal note I love FALL!!! It is a time for apples, leaves, mums, raking, monsters, pumpkins and free loaders, I mean trick-o-treaters! Bring it all on!!!!

Cupcake has absolutely no idea what is going on and it is our job to show her the ropes. We really tried hard bringing the Fall season to her and failed miserably. We started the beginning of the month with ideas of grandeur of pumpkin picking. I thought I saw it all. I've witnessed "blow out sale" at all major dept stores and "buy 1 get 1" however nothing prepared me for "pumpkin picking". I do realize that I have a 5 month old and she doesn't need to be knee deep in pumpkin seeds, although that isn't that deep. We saw all age groups and all melt downs. As soon as we arrived we realized we forgot the camera - what kind of first time parents are we!!! So we stayed for 10 minutes and visited the local livestock, Dandy the Donkey (she is really fat and on a diet so she hangs in the background while the billy goats get all the action) and attempted to buy a pumpkin and some baked goods. Yeah, I had a better chance of getting Bush back into office. Those f-ers at the farm are relentless. Hubby gave up immediately and I thought I should just try it out. Well, after a minute of looking at the line I realized we could just stop at Home Depot or Lowes and throw her into their pumpkin stand for a pic. At that moment we decided to hand in the towel and leave, we had lots to do in order to get this fall season started.

We decided to both take time off from work and hit the orchards/pumpkin farms on an off day!  We had so much fun watching our little pumpkin giggle in a gaggle of pumpkins.  I love her fall ensemble, she is so stylish and looks like a kid from the soup kitchen.  Good times, can't wait for halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment