Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby M is here!


After a few minutes prepping me in the OR (yes, that's right, I am a medical expert and can use their jargon) the doctors were ready to cut me open. I asked everyone to place their bets before the sex of Baby M was revealed. The nurses all guessed boy and Hubby guessed girl. I asked my doctor his thoughts and he told me that he doesn't place bets. I replied, "all that we've been through today, just guess" He replied with "okay, a girl".

After a few cuts and pulls I heard

"IT'S A G I R L"
Baby M
5.10.09
8lbs 20 inches
arrived at 12:41pm

A girl? A girl? My sweet little girl is here!!!!!!!! OMG, I have a girl! My very own little girl!!! I am so happy that she is here safe and sound.

I was so excited and couldn't stop crying...by myself. That is the only part of a c-section that I hate. The baby is pulled out and everyone leaves the mom to see the baby. I wanted to get up and go over to the baby aquarium and hold my baby, count fingers and toes, figure out who she looks like. Instead I laid on a table saying, "hello.....hello....is anyone here?" I was informed that my sweet girl was fine, they were just checking her to make sure she is okay. While I was being stitched up I did ask if they could make me look like Heidi Klum, they laughed, I was serious.

Finally, after 32 hours of labor, 3 hours of pushing, an episiotomy and a c-section I received my Mother's Day present, my beautiful baby girl!.  Hubby and I are both on cloud 9 and can't wait for the wonderful times ahead!

To all the mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day and keep telling everyone your war story, you've earned your stripes, pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment