Monday, May 14, 2012

Labor Day Weekend, Tinkerbell's coming out party & spreading the baby news!


Wow, the end of the summer is approaching. I can't believe that Labor Day weekend is here already! It was an exciting summer, full of good times and good news. This year we have a family packed Labor Day weekend!

First and foremost, Tinkerbell is making her first trip to Nana & Grandpa's house. We gathered with siblings, nieces, nephews and some friends on Saturday for a farewell to summer BBQ and to meet the newest addition. Hubby and I also thought it would be a good time to share our news with my family. We didn't want to steal Tinkerbell's spotlight but we always wanted to be able to tell everyone in person. I knew I needed a way to tell our families our good news so, what better way to shout your news than on food! I told you everything revolves around food! So, Hubby and I headed to NJ and had a great day full of food, fun and laughter. Tinkerbell is such a little chicken, so sweet and small. An hour into the party Hubby brought Nanny our cake so we can share the news. Low and behold everyone was very surprised and happy for us. It was a great afternoon and a great way to share our most important news with family! My nieces and nephews were very happy for us quickly asking about names, when the baby will arrive and how I was feeling.

Hubby's family came over on Sunday so we can continue to share the news. The Smith's arrived without any ideas about what we were going to share. Again, I decided to spell it out in frosting. Again, everyone was very surprised and excited about the new baby on the way. At this point Barney was over the good news and Kelcey still didn't know what was going on.

Labor Day was a great weekend. Although my Labor Day isn't expected until May 2009, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first baby!

I tried posting pics from our Sunday Smith Labor Day party but the file was damaged. We are having camera problems and lost some pics. Sorry for not posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment